COVID-19 UPDATE, NOVEMBER 19th, 2020
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Our funeral home continue to offer the following, in compliance with the Public Health guidelines*:
1. Visitations inside our largest suite, 15 at a time, scheduled to allow as many as desired. Or, we offer Drive Up visitations for an unlimited number of guests at our Celebration Centre door, by car. We have heaters and are ready to accommodate the winter weather.
2. Funerals and Celebrations of Life for between 23 and 50 people in our onsite chapel or up to 50 at a church, depending on numbers of people who are "bubbled" = can sit together without physical distancing.
3. Graveside services of up to 50 people depending upon the cemetery's rules. Each cemetery is unique. Many need our staff to be in attendance, 1 staff per 10 guests.
4. Receptions and Celebrations of Life for up to 20 people in our Reception and Celebration Centre, with optional plated catering & bar service.
What you need to know when someone you love dies at this time:
- We will bring your loved one to us.
- We'll talk with you soon after over the phone to discuss wishes.
- Contracts can be signed via email, or 1, 2 or 3 people maximum may come in.
- Pre-arrangements are honoured.
- Family Time, a complimentary time to say goodbye, is still available and encouraged.
- Cremation in our Crematorium and Burial at a Cemetery are still available.
- You may choose a visitation, funeral service, reception and/or graveside service. This can include a Clergy or Celebrant, flowers, music, eulogies.
- Drive-Up Visitations are allowed, whereby family stands inside our Reception Centre back doors, separated by two large screen/Plexiglas doors. The community may drive up, get out of their car, and visit at 2 metres. People may also stay in their cars to visit with the family.
- Drive-Thru Visitations are also allowed, whereby family stands outside our Reception Centre back doors while a parade of cars drive slowly by, sharing condolences through car windows.
- We offer complimentary Live Streaming on an interactive website which allows attendees to upload photos, sign the guestbook, read the order of service, and add their condolences to the chat.
- Receptions of up to 20 people (depending on the number of bubbles, this is the number allowed with physical distancing) may gather in our Reception/Celebration Centre with catered food and drink. Masks must be worn except while eating or drinking.
- up to 100 attendees are allowed for outdoor funeral services such as graveside services, dependent upon the cemetery's rules. Our staff is responsible to ensure this number and physical distancing are observed. Masks or face coverings are suggested at outdoor funerals.
- We will help you with your plan, creating a slideshow of photographs, choosing catering, etc. if you choose to wait until restrictions are lifted.
*Our staff will be screening visitors, having them log in, taking information for contact tracing, disinfecting continuously, and ensuring physical distance is observed.
Masks or face coverings must be worn at indoor and outdoor funerals. Condolences are best given verbally during Covid, as hugs and handshakes put the family at risk. Maintaining 2 meters from others keeps us all safe.
ONLY THOSE WITH NO SYMPTOMS of COVID-19, NO CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH THESE SYMPTOMS, AND NO ONE WHO SHOULD BE SELF-ISOLATING DUE TO TRAVEL, CONTACT, OR SYMPTOMS SHOULD COME INTO THE FUNERAL HOME IN ORDER TO LIMIT THE SPREAD.
Jim and Sarah