COVID-19 UPDATE, JULY 1st, 2020
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
We are keeping ourselves safe and healthy to serve our community. We have been following the Public Health guidelines throughout, all the more so as Kingston deals with an outbreak. We are saddened when these restrictions make it difficult to accompany your loved one in sickness, unto death.
What you need to know when someone you love dies at this time:
- We will bring your loved one to us.
- We'll talk with you soon after over the phone to discuss wishes.
- Contracts can be signed via email, or two people may come in.
- Pre-arrangements are honoured.
- Family Time, a complimentary time to say goodbye, is still available.
- Cremation in our Crematorium and Burial at a Cemetery are still available.
- You may choose a visitation, funeral service, reception and/or graveside service. This can include a Clergy or Celebrant, flowers, music, eulogies.
- Drive-Up Visitations are allowed, whereby family stands inside our Reception Centre back doors, separated by two large screen doors. The community may drive up, get out of their car, and visit at 2 metres.
- Drive-Thru Visitations are also allowed, whereby family stands outside our Reception Centre back doors while a parade of cars drive slowly by, sharing condolences through car windows.
- As of June 13th, subject to certain conditions, the COVID-19 maximum attendance restriction allows for 30 per cent capacity for indoor funerals and visitations. Our chapel alone allows for 20 people at 6 ft apart. Our chapel opened up with adjoining rooms allows for 34 people who are not part of a household circle. More will be allowed if there are groups of people attending who are part of a household circle up to a maximum of 60 people. Your funeral director will work with you to determine the number you may invite. Our staff will be screening visitors, having them log in, disinfecting continuously, and ensuring physical distance is observed.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn at indoor funerals.
- We offer complimentary Live Streaming and recording. A way this works is described in our Blog, "Streaming Goodbye in Covid-19".
- Receptions of ten people or fewer are allowed with food and drink in our Reception/Celebration Centre.
- 50 attendees are now allowed for outdoor funeral services such as graveside services. Our staff is responsible to ensure this number and physical distancing are observed. Masks or face coverings are suggested but not mandatory at outdoor funerals.
- A Celebration of Life or Funeral Service may be postponed for when the restrictions are lifted. We will help you with your plan, creating a DVD of photographs, choosing catering, etc. while we wait.
WE MUST ASK THAT ONLY THOSE WITH NO SYMPTOMS of COVID-19, NO CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS THESE SYMPTOMS, AND NO RECENT TRAVEL COME INTO THE FUNERAL HOME IN ORDER TO LIMIT THE SPREAD.
Jim and Sarah