COVID-19 UPDATE, SEPTEMBER 21st, 2020
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
In light of the Province reducing the numbers for private gatherings this weekend, we would like to clarify that our numbers for gatherings remain the same. Funeral homes continue to offer the following, in compliance with the Public Health guidelines*:
1. Visitations inside our largest suite, 15 at a time, scheduled to allow as many as desired. Or, we offer Drive Up visitations for an unlimited number of guests at our Celebration Centre door, by car.
2. Funerals and Celebrations of Life for between 20-60 people in our chapel and more (~80) at church, depending on capacity limit.
3. Graveside services of up to 100 people, with a staff member in attendance for every ten people.
4. Receptions and Celebrations of Life for up to 20 people in our Reception and Celebration Centre, with optional plated catering & bar service.
What you need to know when someone you love dies at this time:
- We will bring your loved one to us.
- We'll talk with you soon after over the phone to discuss wishes.
- Contracts can be signed via email, or 2-3 people may come in.
- Pre-arrangements are honoured.
- Family Time, a complimentary time to say goodbye, is still available.
- Cremation in our Crematorium and Burial at a Cemetery are still available.
- You may choose a visitation, funeral service, reception and/or graveside service. This can include a Clergy or Celebrant, flowers, music, eulogies.
- Drive-Up Visitations are allowed, whereby family stands inside our Reception Centre back doors, separated by two large screen doors. The community may drive up, get out of their car, and visit at 2 metres. People may also stay in their cars to visit with the family.
- Drive-Thru Visitations are also allowed, whereby family stands outside our Reception Centre back doors while a parade of cars drive slowly by, sharing condolences through car windows.
- We offer complimentary Live Streaming on an interactive website which allows attendees to upload photos, sign the guestbook, read the order of service, and add their condolences to the chat.
- Receptions of up to 20 people (depending on the number of bubbles, this is the number allowed with physical distancing) may gather in our Reception/Celebration Centre with catered food and drink.
- 100 attendees are allowed for outdoor funeral services such as graveside services. Our staff is responsible to ensure this number and physical distancing are observed. Masks or face coverings are suggested but not mandatory at outdoor funerals.
- We will help you with your plan, creating a slideshow of photographs, choosing catering, etc. if you choose to wait until restrictions are lifted.
*Our staff will be screening visitors, having them log in, disinfecting continuously, and ensuring physical distance is observed.
Masks or face coverings must be worn at indoor funerals.
ONLY THOSE WITH NO SYMPTOMS of COVID-19, NO CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH THESE SYMPTOMS, AND NO ONE WHO SHOULD BE SELF-ISOLATING DUE TO TRAVEL, CONTACT, OR SYMPTOMS SHOULD COME INTO THE FUNERAL HOME IN ORDER TO LIMIT THE SPREAD.
Jim and Sarah