COVID-19 UPDATE, FEBRUARY 26th, 2021: Green Zone
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
We are thankful that Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington is one of the Ontario zones returned to the green zone, or "prevent."
We are now able to offer the following, in compliance with the Public Health guidelines carefully followed*:
1. Visitations in our largest suite for 15 people, or in our Reception & Celebration Centre for 20 people at a time. Guests may enter a line within our large facility to keep out of the weather, standing 2 meters apart. If preferred, visitation times may be scheduled ahead, with our staff organizing the RSVPs.
2. Drive Up visitations at our Celebration Centre door, by car. Family stands inside our Reception Centre back doors, separated by two large screen/Plexiglas doors. We have heaters and are ready to accommodate the weather. Each car drives right up to our awning. A viewing may be offered in the alcove just before the doors.
3. Funerals and Celebrations of Life in our chapel for up to 50 people, depending on bubbles. Seating plans are used; ushers lead out from the back.
4. Graveside services of up to the cemetery's limit (25-50). Staff need to be in attendance, usually 1 staff per 10 guests, to ensure social distancing and mask-wearing.
4. Receptions and Celebrations of Life for up to 20 people in our Reception and Celebration Centre. Catered refreshments, individually wrapped, and bar service including tea and coffee are available.
What you need to know when someone you love dies at this time:
- We will bring your loved one to us.
- We'll talk with you soon after to discuss wishes.
- Contracts can be signed via email, or 1, 2 or 3 people maximum may come in.
- Pre-arrangements are honoured.
- Family Time, a complimentary time to say goodbye, is still available and encouraged.
- Cremation in our Crematorium and Burial at a Cemetery are still available.
- We offer complimentary Live Streaming on an interactive website which allows attendees to upload photos, sign the guestbook, read the order of service, and add their condolences to the chat.
- You may choose a visitation, funeral service, reception and/or graveside service. This can include a Clergy or Celebrant, flowers, music, eulogies. These may happen many months after a death.
- If you have been waiting to hold a service, now may be the time. We will help you with your service plan, creating a slideshow of photographs, choosing catering, etc.
*Our staff will be screening visitors, providing medical masks to all who come from outside of green zones, taking information for contact tracing, disinfecting continuously, and ensuring physical distance is observed. We screen ourselves daily, sanitize regularly, wear medical masks except when eating our lunch at our desks, use staff-washrooms, work from home as much as possible, and work with KFLA Public Health as well as the Bereavement Authority of Ontario to be above-standard in following guidelines.
Masks or face coverings must be worn at indoor and outdoor funerals. Condolences are best given verbally during Covid, as hugs and handshakes put the family at risk. Maintaining 2 meters from others keeps us all safe.
ONLY THOSE WITH NO SYMPTOMS of COVID-19, NO CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH THESE SYMPTOMS, AND NO ONE WHO SHOULD BE SELF-ISOLATING DUE TO TRAVEL, CONTACT, OR SYMPTOMS SHOULD COME INTO THE FUNERAL HOME IN ORDER TO LIMIT THE SPREAD.
Jim and Sarah