cremation without a ceremony
Our Estate Cremation, chosen most often for the valuable service it includes, is
$2,843.60, plus choice of cremation container or casket starting at $235 plus tax
Our Minimum Services Plan, "The Simply JR," a straight-forward, do-it-yourself or budget choice, is $1,908.60, plus choice of cremation container or casket starting at $235 plus tax
We price-match written quotes from cremation providers because as your local family-run funeral home, we want to serve all local families.
Our "Estate Cremation" at $2,843.60 includes:
- In-Person Arrangement with a Licensed Funeral Director of up-to 1 1/2 hours, if desired. Online, email and phone arrangements as desired.
- Estate Care Assistance, an in-person meeting at the funeral home with our Estate Care Provider including hands-on assistance with Canada Pension Plan applications, Personal Pension Plans & Life Insurance, Health Card cancellation, Canada Revenue Agency notification, and Checklist.
- Family Time, a goodbye for up to an hour for up to 10 people in a suite, including Basic Preparation of the body
- Twelve Funeral Director's Proof of Death Certificates, with an unlimited number available as you need them.
- Bereavement Support Service (a year of one-on-one support) by request
Our "Minimal Service Plan/Simply JR" at $1,908.60 includes:
A Brief In-Person Arrangement with a licensed funeral director, if desired. Online, email and phone arrangements, as desired
- Six Funeral Director's Proof of Death Certificates; each additional $35/each
- NO Estate Care Assistance with the banking, pension, government paperwork
Optional Extra Fee of $180 for Family Time, a goodbye for up to 10 people
Bereavement Support Service (six free sessions) by request
Both Basic Cremation Packages include:
Local transfer of the person from the place of death to James Reid's
Facilities for preparation/shelter
The necessary documents (permits, forms) completed
Cremation onsite by our certified crematorium operators using our environmentally-friendly crematorium built in 2014
A temporary plastic urn (cardboard also available) if no urn purchased
Signed release of cremated remains to the next-of-kin or informant
- Coroner's Cremation Fee & Municipal Registration fee (HST-exempt)
When arranging for end-of-life care at our funeral home, you will likely want to know our payment procedure. We ask for a 20% deposit when you sign the contract, which is usually during the arrangement meeting. We take cheques, e-transfer, debit, bank drafts, Mastercard and Visa.
The rest of the total is due within 30 days, by the same payment methods.
Why Choose Low Cost Cremation
at James Reid's Family-Run,
Independent Funeral Home ?
- Transparent Costs: Our competitive, upfront costs will satisfy.
Convenience: Unlike other crematoriums, we are open seven days a week. We also offer remote signing of contracts, online arranging, and phone support 24/7 and email support between 8 am and 9 pm.
Expertise: Excellence in service. Our courteous, knowledgeable staff will help you and treat you and your loved one with dignity. Our mission is to provide compassionate service that helps families heal.
Environmental: No smoke and no emissions except Carbon Dioxide as recorded for the Ministry of the Environment on our computerized Continuous Monitoring System.
Peace of Mind: Prior to cremation we offer "Family Time," a time to say good-bye in one of our visitation suites. You may also witness cremation if desired.
Beautiful Facilities: Accessible, comfortable, and relaxed setting when you make arrangements, have Family Time, and receive the remains.
Optional Service Choices: If you would like to add a private or public gathering, we can arrange and host it for you in our suites, chapel, graveside, or Celebration Centre.
Support After the Death: Estate Care Assistance, a separate in-person meeting with our Estate Care Provider, sets us apart from all others in the area, as we are told. Our Bereavement Support Program, including one-on-one grief support, as well as groups and walks, have helped thousands of Kingstonians since 1997 when we began our complimentary James Reid Bereavement Support Program.
If you've prepaid elsewhere, please ask us how easy it is to transfer it to us. We do the paperwork and you do not have to revisit the original crematorium or funeral home.
Jim & Sarah Reid, 4th & 5th Generation Reid family-run Owner and Assistant Manager